Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Ambitious New Year!

One of the gifts of taking the day off is just catching up on web articles and thinking. Here's a great one my Dad sent me today. It's chock full of New Year's resolution possibilities and worth the read. I've never been one to make resolutions, since I always seem to break them within a month. But for some reason this time I feel like I have traction, so I'm going to ride the momentum. Some of the following are already in motion, but to put them in writing for others to see (part of the beauty of social media) is like a virtual accountability group. So, here goes for my list:

1. Daily communion with God and dive deeper into prayer
2. Go to sleep same time with Mary (and subsequently getting up earlier)
3. Stretch myself as a creative, filmmaker, producer, writer
4. 2 triathlons--sprint distance, then full
5. Schedule exercise regiment--5 days/week of some type of activity: run/bike/spin/pilates/yoga
6. Maintain the blog on a regular basis (4-5 times/week)
7. Spend less than a dollar/day on doughnuts (except for trips to Kowalski's)
8. Stop eating doughnuts
9. Eat more greens
10. Care less about what people think of me

It's ambitious, I know. Batting averages say you're successful if you hit .333. I'd love to be a resolution batting champ come end of 2010.

1 comment:

and 2 became 5 said...

7 & 8 are my very favorite. they scream grace as i need to list my go to starbucks less & also stop drinking coffee. or my....eat healthier & eat less reeses peanut butter cups. great year for change, my friend.