Monday, December 28, 2009

Creative and Run


I don't feel like writing tonight. I ran 4 miles in 13 degrees. The Vikings are on and the post-workout adrenaline is almost gone. Dang. I love that post-workout bliss. I wish I had a limitless supply of energy. There's too much to do, write, think about, get done. There's a feature film to produce. And for those of you who were there--the book is still waiting to be finished. There's a finishing theme since I've been back blogging.

So, since I'm not good for a lot more tonight creatively, I'll send along a great creative thinker's site. If you go deep into the site, you may or may not appreciate some of what he has to say. I ate it up. But read all the way down on this linked page. I love his take on doing your own thing. Stop caring about what others think of you. Drink in some of Hugh Macleod's Ignore Everybody and 39 Other Keys to Creativity. You'll be refreshed.

And on the running front. Ah know, right? Seriously, I have no idea where this is coming from. I've now run more in the month of December than I've run in probably the last 5 years. Total. I know some of it was getting the green light from the orthopedic doctor (learning that I actually need to strengthen other parts of my body--i.e. the core). And some of it is just a personal quest to go somewhere I haven't. Going to do a sprint distance triathlon this next summer. Is 'do' a triathlon term? See. I don't even know how to talk 'run' yet. I'll get there. I am still laughing that I have this strong desire to run. I promise I'm not making money on this app (I think I'd be really good at iPhone evangelism) but if you have one, get RunKeeper. I'm waiting for the open window to purchase the Pro version, which is cheap when compared to your health (I'm trying to get that one to work.) I'd have to say that this little app gets at least 20% of the motivational credit.

So, it took me about an hour and a half to write this. Way distracted and the right side of the brain has been dozing for the last 30 minutes or so. And the Vikes are staging a comeback. Say what you will about Favre, but I'm a fan.

1 comment:

Chad Caswell said...

Unreal! Just ordered this book and it arrives today! Nice post man!