Wednesday, May 20, 2009

India Footage






There is still much swirling around my head and heart around this experience. I've been given the gift of unpacking it with some friends lately and I'm amazed at how fresh it still is. I've spent much of the past couple of weeks going through the footage and starting to put it on an editing timeline for the project and am posting these to show an entirely different perspective than what I captured with my camera phone. These are still frames I've grabbed from the video footage. Quite telling. 

Pics: the first two are from a Ganges worship ceremony in Varanasi. Each night a ceremony is held to worship 'Mother Ganges.' Powerful imagery and sounds (you'll have to see the final film project). I love the color surrounding the man selling produce. The last two are taken from a slum neighborhood in Calcutta-in our short time there we experienced joy that is usually hidden from the world and generosity that was convicting. 

No comments: