Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hero

There are few people in my life I would call a hero*. The term is thrown around loosely and usually involves super powers or supernatural abilities. This guy possesses neither (to my knowledge) but has the character traits that, in my book, qualify him as being a bonafide star.
*(n. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.)

The man is at the top of his game and got there via a faith-filled approach to his life, family and work-a life of integrity and honor-treating people with respect, grace and care. A division I athlete at the University of Minnesota, he took his outstanding work ethic into his professional life and made excellence his forte. A humble man, never yelling or using foul language to make his point-rather leading by example, he is respected by peers and those who have had the good fortune of being under his tutelage. His family and friends have the utmost reverence for him as he is a man of his word and strong leadership.

Yes, my Dad is one of my greatest heroes and I am grateful to be his son. Thanks Dad, you are one of an ever-decreasing number who exemplify what it means to be a man.

And the other guy in the picture just happens to be Tony Dungy. I think he won the Super Bowl or something last year.

1 comment:

and 2 became 5 said...

I LOVE this post. You must have a great dad.